Thorsten,

FIRST: I'm not criticing your work. Instead I really appreciate your work, as
you try to make things right!
But I criticise the way we handle new features. Due to this I can pretty well
understand Freds concerns about adding a simple switch for enabling Rembrandt,
which is a experimental feature as well. Keep it more or less only available to
them who does know what they do and understand that there are still problems
seems the better way sometimes.

SECOND: I'm following FGFS's developement as much as I can, but sometimes I try
to see things from users perspective view. And my critiscm is based on that.

> You're kidding yourself if you claim the skydome ever worked properly in >
> 2.6.
> I don't think it's a good idea to put cool features which work
> sometimes
> if you cherry-pick conditions into a release. Doing so in 2.6 with the
> skydome shader turned out to be a mistake. Going further into the
> direction of the mistake makes the problem worse, not better.

If I remember right, in 2.6.0 the skydome shader was marked as experimental. So
of course that means that things doesn't work right, and yes, and under some
circumstances the shader didn't work properly.

And so it is now.
But we changed a skydome shader with problems with another skydome shader with
other problems which needs to be fixed.
>From developers view that's o.k.- that's how development works.

But from users view it is difficult to understand, as we already could see (I
was not the only one who did not understand the whole thing). That's why I
hoped we can get something like a compromise and that's why I came up here with.
I can see now that it isn't possible, so I hope we are able to sort out the
problems in the next developement semester.

Cheers
Heiko

still in work: http://www.hoerbird.net/galerie.html
But already done: http://www.hoerbird.net/reisen.html