> Maybe it would be better next time to ping some more people and notify
> them
> about problems in the scenery toolchain.
> Emilian did it
> (http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=888)
> and we fixed the bug, which means that your additional calculations are
> unnecessary now for the official scenery anyway and for future builds as
> well.

Well... I only wrote three or four messages discussing precisely that problem
on this list. Since I don't know who is working on what in scenery, it's a bit
complicated to target that more specifically. Also, given the stance several
folks take with regard to custom scenery, it's not clear to what extend asking
to fix a problem specific for custom scenery would have met a warm reception.

In any case, since the 'additional computations' are subtracting one number
from another number, I can just about live with the performance degradation
caused by the operation, given that it provides backwards compatibility to
existing scenery. :-)

* Thorsten