> I'm talking about the ep ... which is done for each vertex, everytime....

... and the relevance of that observation to the ongoing discussion is...?

It's needed among other things to construct a sun/horizon coordinate system for
the lighting computations, so the ep has to be computed regardless if we need a
snowline or not (and the horizon has a special role in the later fog
computations, so we can't do this easily in eye coordinates). Could you please
make an effort to understand the scheme before criticizing it? Thanks.

* Thorsten