On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Chris Calef wrote:

> Say, while you all are on the subject of key bindings, could anyone tell
> me where these keymappings are defined in flightgear?  My friend is having
> a severe (to him) issue with the program, in that he loves flying in the
> sim but is running I believe three monitors. He is able to get the view
> across all three of his monitors by setting a very wide field of view, but
> this involves clicking for a _very_ long time on the "widen field of view"
> key.

You may also wish to visit this page on our wiki which talks about how to
create a custom xml configuration file for multiple cameras on multiple
displays:

 http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Configure_camera_view_windows

The system even allows you to define an independent camera for each display
so you don't have to deal with increasing distortion at the fringes and can
spread the view offset by a little extra to account for the margins on your
monitor (so a straight line such as a runway edge flows straight into the
next display without forming a stair step.

You can search out README.multiscreen -- located in
$(FGDATA)/Docs/README.multiscreen if you have FlightGear installed.  There
are a couple approaches that are supported, ranging from creating a 3
windows, one for each display to creating a single window that spans all
the displays and defining separate camera parameters for each 1/3 of the
window.

If you spend a bit of time tweaking this, you can get way better results
than simply stretching a window across three displays and.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: