Tom

> Sent: 07 May 2013 10:06
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] New features for 3.0 (?) presentation
>
> 2013/5/7 Vivian Meazza <vivian.mea...@lineone.net>:
> > The tracking animation sounds useful - do you have any documentation
> > available? In due course it should end up in
> > fgdata/Docs/model-howto.html with all the other animations.
>
> I have now added some examples and a basic documentation to the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.flightgear.org/Tracking_animation
>
> I will add some more info and images once I find some time for it.

Thanks, interesting. As a non-Blender user (it makes my brain hurt) the
references are a bit obscure.

Are the various axes always orthogonal? Can they also be specified in the
alternate form:

                <axis>
                        <x1-m>5.1821</x1-m>
                        <y1-m>0.221496</y1-m>
                        <z1-m>0.794147</z1-m>
                        <x2-m>4.99208</x2-m>
                        <y2-m>0.114133</y2-m>
                        <z2-m>0.842884</z2-m>
                </axis>

If non-orthogonal  axes are allowed they are difficult in the
<center>/<axis> form in the example in the wiki.

Perhaps, when you have time, the information could be consolidated in

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Animate_models and
fgdata/Docs/model-howto.html

Looks like valuable work to me: gear scissor links were very difficult with
the existing animations.

Vivian