2013/5/8 grtuxhangar team <hohora...@gmail.com>:
> Hello, Thomas
>
> Sorry my question was not clear, and i probably misunderstood the feature.
> So,
> just a question: how do you define the main parent actuator  axis rotation ?
> that one which trigger every other child components.

I am using the normal rotate animation to rotate the main strut. Every
attached hydraulic cylinder, link, etc. is then animated using the
locked-track animation. For a hydraulic cylinder the piston and the
cylinder housing each are animated using a locked-track animation
tracking each other. For a gear scissor, a locked-track animation
tracks from a point attached to the strut to a point on the axis. Two
objects can be attached to the animation, allowing to animate a
scissor. (The object and the slave object, are rotated such that the
exactly fill the space between the two attachment points of the
scissor). For the second type of animation I will add some pictures to
the wiki later on.

>  Most of them are not rotating with a pure xyz axis rotation but very often
> according to those alternate form (cf Vivian) .

There is no difference in terms of what you can express. Both
notations allow you exactly the same thing. For the animation a center
point and an orientation (axis) are required to calculate the location
and orientation of the rotation. Think of the center as the location
of the hinge somewhere in space and of the axis as the actual
orientation of the hinge.
You can now either specify the position of the hinge and the
orientation of its axis or (the alternate form) two points on the axis
of the hinge, which are then used to calculate the center and
orientation of the hinge. (If you use the alternate form the center
and axis are automatically calculated from the two given points).

There is no rotation that you can not describe with a single axis
given by its xyz coordinates.

> That the point  i was asking for, and the solution i was looking for.
> I could be on the wrong way.

Tom