On an Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics Card with Mesa (note that Intel
is generally worse than Nvidia and AMD), I have roughly the same frame
rates with ALS on and with ALS off; it doesn't seem to make much of a
difference in terms of frame rates. That being said, in both cases, my
frame rates on the ground are less than 10 and frame rates in the sky
are around 15-20, with some pauses (when it is loading scenery or
reading airport files, I'm assuming). This seems smooth to me.

Saikrishna Arcot

On 06/20/2013 10:55 AM, grtuxhangar team wrote:
> Oh, yes there is also computers  which can't  run FG 2.00  , i have inherited
> a computer
with  nvidia 6200  AGP  which  run only  FG 1.00.
> But you will say i (we)  am (are) not representative of  the FG users
world only an exception, ... anybody is an exception.

> I guess the professional you are has done statistics about the FG
users world, thus you are able to be more precise about those
unfortunate users who are getting only "the single frame per second",
which hardware? which operating systems ?

> Since, sorry at the moment your feeling ( only feeling ) does not
convince me.

> Regarding ALS i never said we must have the entire ALS  pack with
Rembrandt , we should be able to split it in order to choose which part
is good and working  for the user.

> We had at the beginning ( 2 years ago) a nice sky which was working
for me and for the others friends.

> Unfortunately,  along these running months (2 years)  up to now the
features which were introduced have broken any possibility to use it.

> The last significant was to break some models effects ( mostly those
with shaders and rivets bumping) , when we can run it.

<mailto:thorsten.i.r...@jyu.fi>> wrote:

>     > Referring to my poor experience with these two computers , i
conclude , i
>     > can accept a decrease of performance, without loosing any FG
facility.
>     > I'll be far from "the single frame per second" your are talking
about.

>     First of all, there are people who get a single frame per second
with Rembrandt and have said so on this list or in the forum, the fact
that you get decent performance doesn't mean that everyone does so as
well. We're not developing FG for you personally, there are other users
as well. Kindly take note of that.

>     Second, according to what you wrote here on this list, ALS is
unusably slow for you. That won't change when you run it under the
Rembrandt rendering framework because you have to run pretty much the
same operations, just inserted into different stages of the rendering
process. Thus, if the algorithms of ALS are unusably slow now, they will
remain so if you run them under Rembrandt. Despite of what you may
think, Rembrandt is not a magic tool making everything run faster -
deferred rendering has specific advantages over the default (e.g. for
multiple light sources for instance) and specific disadvantages (e.g. no
acceleration due to interpolation across triangles for a coarse mesh as
for terrain).

>     Please go back and read what I wrote and try to understand how
deferred rendering works before continuing this discussion, otherwise
it's a waste of everyone's time.

>     > Hum, Given your answer, you have probably some personal memory leak.
>
>     I'd appreciate if you could refrain from any more insulting
language if you want to continue this conversation.