<snip>
> I apologize for missing the point.
No need to apoligize at all.
If anybody is annoying somebody, it's me with my scheduled emails about
release deadlines, my requests for following a specific release
procedure and for raising discussions about version numbers.

Some time ago, we agreed on setting the version number for the next
release after the feature freeze deadline and well before the branch
date. That idea was brought up by ThorstenB and it's documented in the
release plan, IIRC.

Collecting the arguments from this discusson, I can see good points for
a 3.0.0 release. Most convincing was Stuarts comparison against 2.0.0
and the progress we made since that version.

My suggestion is, we dare to call the 2013 summer edition FlightGear
3.0.0 and we bump the version number later this week.

I'll leave that discussion open for a few days and hope we can agree on
the new number.

Torsten