I have asked this before but no answer so I wrote a flightgear friend if
he had the same problem.
Try your default C172P and see if the panel lights work for meters and
radios.  It is the switch behind the yoke upper right side.  it acts
like a toggle switch.  Choose at the top "Cessna C172P" and "Show/Hide
yoke" to make the switch easy to see.   Mine do not work all other light
work correctly.

His reply was -> "Same here."
Both of us use Linux openSuSE 12.1 and git/cvs versions.

I have noticed this on several 2.5 versions.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street    Email:" n5...@comcast.net "