On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:34:04 -0700, Jack wrote in message
<2138033c-dde4-47e6-8400-79bc19eb0...@yahoo.com>:

> Arnt,
>
> Thanks for your reply,  I'm using an ATI Radeon X1600 on an iMac
> intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB memory.

..sounds like a fair match to my Debian Sid+Experimental, V5200 FireGL
(or somesuch in a Fujitsu Celsius H240) on the radeon driver, 4GB ram is
seen as 3.3GB, last FG run was on git pre-2.4 in July with 15fps, and
thenafter the guys found a bug that was slowing down things by a factor
of 3(?), so I'm looking forward to try out FG-2.4. :o)

..I also saw rendering things go bad that none in FG's Nvidea crowd
could see, and I have either a bad wire on my H240's bios battery assy,
or a bad system board, it needed a nite in the freezer before it would
boot, the last time.  So until I have that soldered, I'm on a pee wee
eeepc. ;o)