I downloaded and installed FlightGear v 2.4 for MacOS last night. I installed
it on top of FlightGear v 2.0. When I opened fg at KSFO with the default Cessna
172, the skin of the aircraft was flashing and had weird patterns that kept
changing.  Redrawing of the window became very sluggish, about one frame every
2 seconds.

I thought that installing over v 2.0 may have been an issue, so I moved
flightgear from Applications to trash, emptied trash, opened a terminal,
removed ~/.fgfs and reinstalled v 2.4.  The problem persisted.

I removed v 2.4 as above and reinstalled v 2.0.  v 2.0 appears to work as
expected.

Is this a known problem?  If so is it something that will be fixed in a later
version?

Jack