On 14.10.2008, at 04:28, Michael Sweet wrote:

> matthiasm wrote:
>>
>> On 07.10.2008, at 10:13, Bill Spitzak wrote:
>>
>>> The fltk2 OSX version has had major rewrites to use Carbon
>>> correctly and
>>> to stop using QuickDraw. You probably want to copy most/all of it if
>>> possible.
>>

>> The urrent FLTK port for OS X should use Quartz and Cocoa exclusively
>> and abandon QuickDraw and Carbon. But that is quite a challange and
>> will
>> require some time. In the mean time, I would like to abandon
>> everything
>> inside #ifdef __APPLE_QD__ ...
>
> Keep in mind that Carbon will still be required for processing events;
> we can't use Cocoa because that is the Objective C API; short of
> writing a custom subclass of NSView/NSWindow to manage all windows,
> I'm not sure how we'd use Cocoa with FLTK...

Yes, the Carbon code is divided in three sections: __APPLE__,
__APPLE_QD__, and __APPLE_QUARTZ__. The event handling and window
management is done in Carbon __APPLE__ segments. Removing what's
inside __APLE_QD__ will only remove QuickDraw drawing, not event
handling.

Oh wait, the code is gone already ;-)

I do not know much about Cocoa, but what you write is exactly how
would eventually do this - probably the only way. None of the
Objective C has to shine through to the FLTK API, right?

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/