> Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
> > Personally I don't have problems with comments in the sources. Sometimes
> > I'd like much more comments in the code (not only doxygen, but also
> > some hints what the code is good for).
>
>       Yes, I agree.
>
>       Though I sure do like being able to "turn off" the end user docs
>       during coding. Now that I have that ability (see separate thread),
>       I'm really liking to have that option..!
Many dev tools allow nowadays that kind of folding feature natively,
Syntax Highlighting and  tag-searching (to go quickly to a code def/impl.)
should also be sufficient to navigate in the code efficiently.

>       Also, with the doxygen comments turned off, the "regular" C/C++ comments
>       remain behind, which is nice, since those are for the maintainers of the
>       code, whereas the dox comments are for end users.
>
>       In fact, when the dox comments are collapsed, the code looks a lot
>       like the html versions of the .H files that doxygen generates in its
>       html directory, eg: http://fltk.org/doc-1.3/Fl__Browser___8H-source.html
>
>       Compare that listing to to the original Fl_Browser_.H file
>       to see how much easier it is to see the raw code..!
Well, this is surely interesting to have a selective comment folding, that said
; it is most of the time not necessary IMHO, because most of the time, the
non-doxygen code comments are fitting in one line.
Also, when it's not the case ; it often means that the comments have not been
imported completely into the doxygen docummentation !

Fabien