> > The only things I'm not sure of are how to add it to the
> Microsoft projects.

Very much *not* my area of expertise...

> I don't know. Since we have some older version project files, does
> anybody know if these can be written with newer VS software, e.g.
> with VS 2008 Express?
>
> > Is there a consensus on its addition to 1.3.x, or should we wait?
>
> It's okay for me (+1) if it is completely optional.

Definitely +1 from me.

> Another question would be how to integrate it in fl_file_chooser().
> This should also be optional (selectable by an additional argument
> or global flag that can be set by the programmer or something).

It's a separate widget, with its own class and so forth, so it is "as
well as" rather than "instead of" the stock fl_file_chooser.
(Indeed, on X systems, fl_native_file_chooser wraps fl_file_chooser...)

SELEX Galileo Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132