Title: Re: FLUXLIST: What is the purpose of Fluxlist?
I speak only for myself but it seems to me that the NETlist is not so much about FLUXUS as it is FLUXUS. As for FLUXUS, Fluxlist, word games, sex, brown things in the grass in parks and even woobly grinks, well they can all be disappointing – or even extremely disappointing.

Again speaking for myself I’ve found it useful subscribing to this NETlist and indeed unless I’d done so secretFLUXUS might well have remained a mystery, and the DEADLYsecret , it was to me some months ago. Now that might not have been a BADthing but I guess my life is a little richer for the experience and as for my PhD Thesis, it’s going nicely thank you.

May I suggest that if you are not finding enough then perhaps you are not turning over enough rocks to look under – euphemistically speaking. Or maybe it’s that you are not adding much so there is much less to take away. And anyway, why would/should a discussion about such things become uncomfortable?

Now in regard to your unhappiness there are some things, very positive things, that you can do about that and we could all start a list right here and now and see how long it could get:

  • Possibility # Z4_1116: Start a NETlist totally dedicated to a singular view of an attitude
  • Possibility # Z4b_1116/a: Start a NETlist totally dedicated to the serious investigation of nothing
  • Possibility # Z4c_1116/b: Start a NETlist totally dedicated to the serious investigation of somethingness
  • Possibility # Z1_11111/x: Do all of the above
  • Possibility # Y6_66-69: Say something outrageous and stand back
  • Possibility # Y6/b_66-69-a: Say something outrageous and keep saying it
  • Possibility # Y6/c_66-69-b: Think something outrageous and tell someone
  • Possibility # Z75_7765: Find a friend and ask them if it’s Monday
  • Possibility # Z75/a_7765-2: Find a cook and ask her/him how to mix eggs and butter or something – artistically!
  • Possibility # DA42_00042: Contemplate 42 and tree planting in both this and reverse order
  • Possibility # A54_8963: Reduce the circle of acquaintances you engage with and insist on talking about rain.
  • Possibility # KK1_0066: Invest in pictures of light by America’s most famous artists
  • Possibility # Zz1_0001: Seek alternative visions of the same

Unfortunately I’m moving away from the edge slightly and going to Australia for a week or so. Therefore, I’ll not be able engage deeply in this discourse unless it’s still going when I return to the edge, CYBERaccess is restored and theSPAM has not drowned it. The risks we take and now I’ve got to and go pack my safety gear and fill my wallet.

Ray _from  way out on the edge
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (when the server’s up)

BTW: it’s SILLYweek – a compound noun but more to the point it’s worldSILLYweek a compound idea if not a confounding one