It's tough enough, we excavate this Stuff -- "something out of
nothing," that's good -- with great difficulty or ease, but then
sometimes go beyond integrity to make capricious judgments or use the
work for other purposes, rejecting it, repudiating its truth or
validity.

But the cycle starts anew and work is made from those salted ashes.
Ashes but anew the work starts and from those is made salted cycle.

By the willful arrogance of self-destruction, we privatize what had
been made possibly too obvious, apparent and available. We eat our
children, empowering us in ways powerful and dangerous.

But you can also redress absence and failure without disowning or
contradicting, by acknowledging and confirming the small possible
rather than nullifying.

Outwitted
   He drew a circle that shut me out --
   Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.