On Jul 13, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Nicholas Geti wrote:

I need to create what I think can be called a cross-tab report. I have a file of records; one column is product type. I need to display a count of each product type as a column in a report. There are thirteen possible types.

Is there a way to use SQL selects to count the types or do I have to use brute force and create a table of thirteen columns then scan the original table?

You can do this using repeating fields. The idea is that you create a calculated repeating field with 13 repetitions, use the product type to evaluate the corresponding repetition to 1 or 0 and them summarize the repetitions individually.

Check the following link for a sample:

  http://edoshin.skeletonkey.com/2006/12/crosstab_report.html

Hope this helps,
--
Mikhail Edoshin
Information Analyst
Skeleton Key

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to