Ah! it is always helpful to specify VERSION you are using when asking
questions on any forum.

The function you are seeing is not available in FileMaker Pro 5.0
Perhaps Mikhail can address whether he has this solution in FMP5?

Or maybe others, do?
Beverly



On 7/18/07 10:59 AM, "Nicholas Geti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in whole or
in part:

> I checked the article but I still have some questions:
> 1. The article creates a repeating field based on the statement,
> "GET(CalculationRepetitionNumber)" I don't see a "GET()" function in my
> version of Filemaker which is Pro 5.0
> 
> 2. What is the variable, "CalculationRepetitionNumber"? Is this a script or
> another field?
> 
> 3. When the amount is placed in the repeating field, does it get accumulated
> (i.e., added) to a running total or does it replace the previous value?
> 
> 4. My situation is more complex than simply converting month to an index
> number. I have 13 different product types so I created another field based
> on a case statement e.g.:
> ProductCode=
> CASE(Product Name="42399",1, Product Name="52233",2, etc)
> This converts the Product Name to a numerical index. How would I use this
> field in the definition of the repeating field? Does the following
> definition of the repeating field make sense?
> ProductRepeatField=
> CASE(ProductCode, Qty)
> where Qty is the amount field in the current record being read from the
> input table.
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mikhail Edoshin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 10:51 AM
> Subject: Re: Cross tabs possible?
> 
> 
>> On Jul 13, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Nicholas Geti wrote:
>> 
>>> I need to create what I think can be called a cross-tab report. I  have a
>>> file of records; one column is product type. I need to  display a count
>>> of each product type as a column in a report. There  are thirteen
>>> possible types.
>>> 
>>> Is there a way to use SQL selects to count the types or do I have  to use
>>> brute force and create a table of thirteen columns then scan  the
>>> original table?
>> 
>> You can do this using repeating fields. The idea is that you create a
>> calculated repeating field with 13 repetitions, use the product type  to
>> evaluate the corresponding repetition to 1 or 0 and them summarize  the
>> repetitions individually.
>> 
>> Check the following link for a sample:
>> 
>>   http://edoshin.skeletonkey.com/2006/12/crosstab_report.html
>> 
>> Hope this helps,
>> --
>> Mikhail Edoshin
>> Information Analyst
>> Skeleton Key
>> 
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Reply via email to