Richard,

FMP stores what it gets, it does not "make" ligatures, they come from the outside.

What is the source of your text?
How does it get into FMP?

I bet "fi" and "fl" are ligatures before they get in FMP.


Winfried
www.fmdiff.com/fm/cleantext.html




On 21.04.2008, at 21:39, Richard S. Russell wrote:

= = = = = =
Richard S. Russell inquires:

Anyone know how to turn off ligatures in FileMaker Pro?

There seem to be 2 that I can't get rid of: "fi" and "fl". It's particularly irritating when these things appear in supposedly monospace fonts like Courier or Monaco, which I usually only haul out when I specifically WANT each and every character to take up exactly 1 space.

I've discovered how to turn off ligatures in some of my other programs (like TextEdit and Nisus Writer Pro), but there seems to be no corresponding controls in FMP, and the "Help" feature provided no hits for likely keywords.

= = = = = =
Your helpful response here.

Reply via email to