Kevin

there are a number of resources, some free, some not.  Mileage will vary
among them, as well as your knowledge of and expertise with linux already.

http://www.redhat.com/training/security/courses/
RHS333 is excellent if you have familiarity and solid, working knowledge of
linux.
RHS253 is excellent if you're a newbie.

(yes, I'm biased since I work for RH and help develop/audit the security
curriculum!  By far the most expensive yet also the most in-depth and hands
on)

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/
a number of papers and articles there that may help you in your quest.

http://bastille-linux.sourceforge.net/
good ol' bastille may help you at least partially.  Now updated for 7.2

http://www.nusphere.com/secure_install_redhat.pdf
short and basic information for 'locking down' Red Hat Linux.

http://www.openna.com/products/books/securing-optimizing-linux/solrhe.htm
Securing & Optimizing Linux PDF

good luck with your tightening! :)

PS, perhaps you should look into building a monolithic kernel so as to
avoid module exploits?

farmerdude