Two questions which I hope will prove sufficiently exciting.

    The first one is that I have set up an NIS server which uses a
non-standard passwd/shadow/group file (/var/yp/<domain>/whatever).  I'm
trying to get PAM to use it to (for the passwd command, useradd, radiusd,
etc).  I've been hacking away at pam_unix, making it accept parameters in
/etc/pam.d/* that choose the file name.  Is there an easy way to do this
that I am missing?

    The second is, I have set up a Linux router on a 486, using
masquerading.  My secure shell connections *through* it get dropped after 5
minutes or so of inactivity, but when I go through our other proxy (Win2k)
they stay connected indefinately.  Does anyone know what makes it drop the
connection?

    If anyone has any ideas on either of these, they'd be much appreciated.

    Thanks all,

Tim Nelson
Systems Administrator, Sunet Internet
Tel:  (03) 5241 1155