Ack... It was just a matter of a missing trailimg dot.  I incorrectly
thought that the last "." was only used as a sort of wildcard.

So, it should have been

-:ALL:ALL EXCEPT LOCAL 10.10.0.1.

Thanks to all who responded.  Not one person called me an idiot, even
though I prolly deserved it.

Thanks,

shane

--