On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:23:21PM -0700, Terrence Martin wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good restricted or menu based shell?

Note that your life may be significantly easier if you put all untrusted
users in one group, trusted users in another group, and fiddle with
group and world execute permissions on all the executables on your
system. The executables anyone can run (e.g., pine) can be made world
executable. The executables only trusted users can run can be made owned
by their group, and group executable.

This prevents the execution at the kernel level, rather than hoping that
the executed programs don't have other ways of executing files.

Given that, I think I have seen both 'wsh' and 'lush' in use as
menu-based shells before.

Cheers

--
"I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling
to accept responsibility for their own actions, or that they are