Hi Zahid,

In Bulgaria tax data of both citizens and officials
(including parliamentarians) are not public. Only data of income and
assets of high ranking officials are public, but tax data definitely
not.

As far as I know, though I might be wrong, everywhere in Europe is
the same with the exception of Sweden and Norway (Denmark left that
small community on that matter few years ago). In Norway I heard there
is debate to stop this openness as well.

But let other countries speak
about their situation themselves! I am also curious to know whether
there are new/other developments.

Best regards,

Alexander

Alexander
Kashumov, attorney-at-law
Head of Legal Team
Access to Information
Programme
76 Vassil Levski Blvd. Apt.3
1142 Sofia, Bulgaria
+ 3592
9885062; 9867709
E-mail: kashu...@aip-bg.org

На 2012-12-13 22:01,
Zahid Abdullah написа:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder in how many countries tax
data is regarded as public data? In Pakistan, tax data is not regarded
as public data. CPDI and CRIP jointly carried out studied titled
'Representation without Taxation' which was launched yesterday and which
has been largely carried out by local and international newspapers. It
was also topic of different evening television talk shows here.
Following is the link of the story
> Minister, Lawmakers evading tax:
Study

http://dawn.com/2012/12/13/ministers-lawmakers-evading-tax-study/ [1]

> Zahid Abdullah
> Program Manager
> Centre for Peace and Development
Initiatives (CPDI)
> House No. 409-B, Main Nazim-ud-Din Road, F-11/1,
Islamabad, Pakistan
> Phone:+92 51 2108287 (Ext.102), Fax:+92 51
2101594, Cell:+92 333 5214748
> email: za...@cpdi-pakistan.org,
website: www.cpdi-pakistan.org; skype: zahidisd

Links: