Folks,
I have released a live system that contains the active essay Text Field Spec for LObjects. The active essay tells about a compact way to specify word wrap of text and a reasonably complete text editor.
        You can now download a Squeak image and changes file from:
     http://tinlizzie.org/lesserphic2/Text Field for LObject.zip
To run this you will need a Squeak VM and the file SqueakV3.sources. Almost any Squeak VM will work. I'm using Squeak 4.1.1beta2U.app. EToys4 will work also.

If you just want to read the essay, a PDF of "Text Field Spec for LObjects" is available on the VPRI website at: http://www.vpri.org/pdf/m2010002_lobjects.pdf

The text editor is in the LObject Lesserphic2 world. It is specified with rules. The rules are "alive" inside the essay along with diagrams and explanatory text. The code and the entire LObject world could be made to run on Pepsi. The essay itself is inside a DynaBook Junior stack in Morphic. DynaBook Junior is a HyperCard-like application builder and freeform database. This image constitutes a public release of DynaBook Junior, and a maniacal user could build his own stacks.
        Thank you to those of you who urged me to release this

--Ted.

--
Ted Kaehler
Viewpoints Research Institute