Keith Packard wrote:
> ... [text about the benefits of client side font handling]

We singing in the same choir.

> To some extent; this just means that clients are in control
> of their fate. Place fonts in the X server and you can add
> features to *all* applications in one place.

Yes, but two years later after people have upgraded their
X server (when they upgraded their OS). There is no mechanism
to automatically upgrade the X server and I think it silly
and presumptive to ask users to disturb their environment to
add a feature to an app (that is assuming they even know that
this is a possibility). I certainly would balk if mozilla
told me I had to upgrade my X server to get a feature and
I'm a mozilla developer.

--
Brian Stell