Kaixo!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 05:08:27PM +0000, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> PS> In other words, if there were a possibility to use an external
> PS> config file for font handling done by the X server (maybe a
> PS> special fontpath like "config:/etc/X11/somefile" ), then I would
> PS> be happy to drop default use of xfs and use that feature instead.
>
> That's interesting.  Why is it different from doing xset fp ... from
> your Xsession file?

Yes, everything can be done from $HOME/.Xsession or $HOME/.profile
however that is complex and fragile.
But if I think that XF86Config file is complex, then $HOME/.Xsession or
$HOME/.profile are much worst! (well, usually they are quite small,
but there is virtually no limit to what you can put on them)

It will also be still less standard, I think.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/            PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975