Around 11 o'clock on Dec 5, Francesco Zappa Nardelli wrote:

> Properties are parsed by the pcf driver.  I don't remember if they are
> exposed to the client.  This should be simple to add (next weekend).

Thanks; I'd like to throw all of the other X font mechanisms away and use
only FreeType in the future.

> Please, let me know if you need any improvement to the pcf driver.

Yes, we'll need the ability to reencode fonts from non Latin-1/Unicode
encodings.  XFree86 ships with a large number of mappings, and it would be
useful to either have the encoding name exposed so we can go get the
mapping.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab