Do I understand correctly that the xfs font server and also the
Xserver can both now re-encode ISO10646 BDF fonts on the fly to
the various ISO8859-* and other encodings?  Any details of what
it can do already, and can't do already would be greatly
appreciated.

If it does not do this currently, is anyone already working on it
or planning to?  I have written some code to play around with
re-encoding a bit, and wonder if it might be worth it to take on
a bigger project.

Any comments appreciated.

TNX

General open IRC discussion:    #xfree86 on irc.openprojects.net