Hi all,

I've had a quick look at logging and I think it shouldn't be too hard to do
using the logkit from avalon. It handles threading and a bunch of other
stuff
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/logkit/whitepaper.html

So do others agree that this would be the way to go.

I have one question that hopefully someone knows answer (or knows who to
ask).

Since FOP is can be run in a number of ways (command line, in servlet
(cocoon), embedded), how can the logging be setup so that the fop logger
will become a child of the container (logkit) logger?
That is, the logging will inherit the details from the container (priority,
filters, formatters and targets).

This will most likely be done from the caller side, where fop simply gets
the logger for "fop" and does not need to know about anything else, so that
it works exactly the same way no matter how it is run.

Ideally this will be in place for the release after the next (imminent)
one.