Keiron Liddle wrote:
> So between logkit and log4j I think logkit is the better option simply
> because cocoon uses it. (that's the only thing that tips the balance, I'd
> rather just choose than not go anywhere.)

I think it's possible to do in FOP what was done in Velocity. They have
a middleware that decouples Velocity from the specific logging toolkit.
So they have drivers for logkit and log4j and you can even write your
own one. This is a better choice when embedding FOP since you'd want to
use whatever logging system you've already have in place. I think it's
worth taking a look at the Velocity log package, we might be able to
reuse it.

Carlos