Isn't logging going to be a standard part of JDK 1.4? I thought that was
going to be based on IBM's Log4J. Is Avalon's logging based on that? If
not, should the 'standard' be considered? IIRC JDK 1.4 logging includes
the ability to log to syslog (on unix) and whatever the logging
mechanism is on Windows.

Just curious.

Cheers
Mark