Thanks to Glen for raising the issue. The ideal approach is if Oleg
would pack up his TIFFRenderer and donate it to the ASF accompanied with
a software grant [1], but Oleg is a FOP committer and has a CLA on file.
So if Oleg attaches a ZIP with the sources for the TIFFRenderer (ALv2
already applied) to a Bugzilla entry along with a note that we may
include it in FOP, that's good enough for me. It's not that the thing is
a big application in itself even though some people would argue works
like Renaud's AWT patch and Oleg's TIFFRenderer must go/run through the
Incubator.

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants

On 09.03.2005 01:12:05 Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> Oleg's TIFF Renderer is under the Mozilla license[1],
> not the Apache one (also apparently some of the code
> is from Sun?).  Is the former compatible with the
> latter?  If not, I would like Oleg to switch the
> license on it before we proceed further in putting it
> into FOP.
>
> Renaud--thanks for your fantastic work with the AWT
> Renderer.  You clearly have ace technical skills,
> enthusiasm, organization, and you write beautifully.
> You have a bright future ahead of you.
>
> [Thanks also to Bertrand for sending Renaud our way.
> This is the second quality developer--Peter Herweg
> being the other--that we have gotten from him since
> I've been on this project.]
>
> Regards,
> Glen
>
> [1] http://www.tkachenko.com/fop/tiffrenderer.html
>

> --- Renaud Richardet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Oleg,
> >
> > I'm currently working on the AWTRenderer. The basic
> > idea is to create
> > a Java2DRenderer which provides the (abstract)
> > technical foundation.
> > Other renderers can subclass Java2DRenderer and
> > provide the concrete
> > output paths [1].
> >
> > I think it would be a good idea to integrate your
> > TIFFRenderer, as you
> > propose in [2]. Would you like to integrate it
> > yourself? Otherwise I
> > would like to do it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Renaud