Ah, there's the catch. Yes, CCITT4 is particularly interesting which is
not supported by the code in Batik. But still, I think we don't have to
support everything under JDK 1.3. I wonder how many people under JDK 1.3
would need that particular compression type. And if they really do they
then have several examples on how to adjust the bitmap renderer for
themselves. And a additional JAI implementation is certainly not a big
deal after we have the first one.

On 09.03.2005 16:38:33 Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > That's no problem, I think, because Batik has a TIFF encoder [3] already
> > in their codebase and we can move this code to the common area and use
> > that. Shouldn't be difficult to adjust.
>
> Last time I checked Batik's TIFF encoder was kinda limited WRT some TIFF
> compressions, and that's the reason I used the codec from Sun. That
> would be really nice to fix Batik's codec instead.

Jeremias Maerki