Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > Then, copy the file "JimiProClasses.zip" from the archive to
> > {fop-install-dir}/lib/jimi-1.0.jar. Please note that FOP binary
>
> um ... i don't understand the idea of copying a .zip file to
> a new location, and renaming it to be a .jar file.

cp tmp/xyz.zip xml-fop/lib/abc.jar

I'm not sure how this evolved, but I think the purpose for it must be so
that the hard-coded build system can find them in the proper place. AFAIK,
there is no problem with letting your CLASSPATH point to them in a different
place if you are running but not building FOP. I could be wrong, which is
why I think you need to isolate the difference between  your approach and
the standard approach.

Victor Mote