Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i have, in fact, been testing this all morning.  despite the fact that i
> don't see how invoking FOP through fop.sh can make any logistical
> difference, i did copy the jai_core.jar file under the {fop}/lib
> directory, i used fop.sh, i verified that all .jar files under that
> directory are being prepended to the classpath that is used by the
> eventual call to FOP.
>
> so far, no go.  now, it may well be that i'm still doing something
> wrong, but frankly, it should *not* be this hard.  despite my adding
> both JIMI and JAI to my classpaths, and copying them under {fop}/lib,
> neither of those libraries are managing to render a simple .png
> file.
>
> i'm open to any suggestions as to how to isolate the problem here.

OK, you have me convinced that we might have a FOP problem here. Let's start
by copying the other JAI files into the {fop-install-dir}/lib directory to
see if that makes a difference.

Also, I have to leave shortly & won't be back until probably Monday. So if
you don't get a response right away, please hang in there until either I get
back or someone else can pick up the thread.

Victor Mote