This might help

http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/ graphics_unix_141jvm.htm

Derrick

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 06:37 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:

Mark,

Let's do a little bit more detective work on your
side.  Let's see if the issue is the Batik/SVG
libraries (which, along with several other libraries,
are very closely intertwined with FOP, regardless of
whether or not you use them) or with the ColdFusion.

Try to run FOP from the command line--FOP.bat or
FOP.sh--using any of the .fo samples in the "examples"
directory.

fop helloworld.fo helloworld.pdf

Do you get the same error--or does it work fine?  If
the latter, I don't think the SVG is the
issue--something may be wrong with the ColdFusion
setup.  If the former, you may wish to download a new
copy of 0.20.5--something might be wrong with the FOP
libraries you're using.

If command-line works fine, then the next
step--unfortunately--may need to be for you to
download the 0.20.5 source build, modify the
apps.Driver class to (1) get the actual error message
coming from the ClassCastException and/or (2) comment
out the loading of the SVGElementMapping.  (Run "ant
package" to do the build.)  I would try (1) before
(2)--it may be an obvious error.

Glen

--- "Gonzalez, Mark A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As far as I know, we are not trying to use any SVG
elements.
We are just taking an XML:FO file and attempting to
convert it into a
PDF file.

Even if we are not using SVG, it will still try to
use the
SVGElementMapping?

Thanks
Mark