On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Just as an aside: GhostScript correctly renders EPS pictures embedded in
> a PDF generated by FOP. That's because GhostScript is a PostScript
> interpreter and Acrobat Reader isn't.

Yes, I know.  But I have to print through Acrobat Reader and that can not
handle the PDF+PS mix.  I have to generate a fully compliant PDF, and the
only way I found is through ps2pdf from PS, which ignores
super|subscripts.

But you hint to a new path: I generate a PDF+EPS hybrid with superscripts
and drawings, convert it to PS with pdf2ps, and then generate the final
fully compliant PDF with ps2pdf.

hold on ....

OK, I get some huge files.  And AcroRead can show the drawings.
But now my JPG's are all blocky and the fonts are rastered to pixels -
awful!

Bwa-ha-haaa!

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    +31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]