On 27.10.2006 15:16:54 Tobias.Soloschenko wrote:
> Chris Bowditch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 27.10.2006 09:39:15:
>
> > FOP 0.92 works with a DOM when creating a PDF now. I don't see anything
> > wrong with that and I don't see why we should change the internals of
> > FOP just to help solve your classpath problem.
>
> There is nothing wrong with the implementation now, I don't want you to
> understand it this way. But is there any way to modify the implementation
> easily,
> so that it works with the notes dom, not by changing the classpath?!

No. FOP needs the namespace feature for the DOM if it wants to support
stuff like XMP metadata. So if the DOM implementation in Notes 6.5
doesn't have that feature and can't be replaced you're out of luck. You
can try to disable the whole XMP stuff in the source code because you
probably don't need it anyway, but FOP may simply crash in a different
place later.

> > > I can't change the classpath so that fop uses the dom out
> > > of my java-agent.
> >
> > Why not?
>
> I can't change the classpath out of a notes agent and I can't set the path
> where the jvm 1.3 extracts the jars.
> Notes is using a mixture of the sun / ibm jvm.
> Additional to that I can't set System.properties out of a java agent or
> load property files.
> Its realy hard with those circumstances.

That sounds very very ugly. Notes 6.5 is also rather old. Maybe you
should consider upgrading if you also upgrade FOP. Furthermore, J2SE 1.3
at the end of the end-of-life phase. We may even drop support for J2SE
1.3 at some point because it gets in our way more and more.

Maybe you can also find a different way to start a custom JVM. I don't
know much about Notes (only that I don't like using it), so I don't know
if it's possible.