>>You know, given the time spent answering questions about XSL and the
XML+XSL -> XSL-FO front-end
>>("convenience mechanism") in FOP, I sometimes wonder if it would be better
to rip out that function.
>>Perhaps then folks would understand better that FOP is fundamentally an
XSL-FO -> output format
>>processor.

>>As to the original comment, I agree with Eric that is is not appropriate
to consider an FOP extension to
>>accommodate semantics that apply to the XML+XSL -> XSL-FO 'convenience
mapping' mechanism.

I understand but if we want to be strict, XSLT only transform from XML to
another format (often XML but also Text). In my case wiki syntax is not XML
so we could say it shouldn't be transformed through XSLT.

Regards,

Kalgon