On 06/14/2011 11:23 AM, kalgon wrote:
> I understand but if we want to be strict, XSLT only transform from XML to
> another format (often XML but also Text). In my case wiki syntax is not XML
> so we could say it shouldn't be transformed through XSLT.

Text nodes are part of XML... XSLT can handle processing the contents of
those text nodes.

However, it’s not always the best tool for doing that.  I would probably
write something in your language-of-choice that takes in an XML tree and
writes it out identically, except for upgrading the free-text markup.
There are converters out there to do it... the Freebase BFG project used
one written by one of the original Wikipedia markup designers... see

This has gotten off-topic for FOP.  If you decide to do this in XSLT,
see <URL: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/ >.  Otherwise, see
the discussion fora for whatever other programming language you’re using.

~Chris
“Before I built a wall I’d ask to know / What I was walling in or
 out, / And to whom I was like to give offence.” — RF, Mending Wall
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319