On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 03:39:45PM +0000, Greg Sutcliffe wrote:
> I've been meaning to reply to this for about a week, sorry for the delay.
> This
> is a topic I've been thinking about for a *long* time, so apologies for the
> long thread :P

Let me be even later to the party.

> I think there's two issues here. One is *how* to have the discussion, and the
> other is how to *end* the discussion. From the comments so far, it seems
> we're
> still somewhat split on point 1, but we're all agreed we need to find a
> solution to point 2. As such, I'm only going to discuss point 2, as that's
> where we currently struggle.

While I agree that we need a better way to end discussions, I think that
on point 1 we can improve as well. To me it feels like we lack
visibility. It has been suggested to move back to the mailing list since
that has more visibility. Others have suggested discussions on github
are easier to read back. I'd suggest that we adopt the github bot to
notify the ML of certain events. Some things I can think of are created,
reached impasse, closed or merged. For reached impasse we could use a
label or [impasse]. A timer could also work.