I think these screenshots illustrate that pure option 2 can have negative impact on usability. If I'm a puppet user, the puppet environment is one of the most important thing to set. Having it in last tab completely separate from hostgroup does not feel right. If some field of facet is part of provisioning workflow, it should be extending provisioning UI/facet. Another example from content management, the content source is definitely a part provisioning, I want to be able to choose content view as an installation medium.

--
Marek

--
Marek