Marek, you lead me to an interesting conclusion:

I think we have to distinguish two things here - there are workflows (such
as provisioning, config management, fact reporting) and there are
information aspects.
An information aspect is a set of properties that describe a host in
different system. For example puppet facet would store all properties that
are needed to describe a host in puppet. Ovirt facet would store all
properties that describe the host in ovirt system.
Workflow, on the other hand, is a set of actions that needed to be taken in
a certain order to achieve some operational goal. Examples to that would be
provisioning - a set of actions that involve different systems (dhcp, dns,
vm infrastructure and OS installer) that result in a fully operational
server. Another example would be monitoring - in this case we will want
multiple systems (like puppet's facter, vm's power status e.t.c.) to report
to the user.

Now, once we have those concepts, we can try and translate this into the
UI: In my opinion, data entry should be done from screens centered on
information aspects, regardless of the workflows where this information
could be used. On the other hand each workflow deserves a "summary" read
only screen, where we will combine data from multiple facets to show which
data would be used for that particular workflow.

>From a more practical  point of view, our current screens serve both
workflows and data entry. It means that we have to establish for each
screen what it tries to achieve - either it's a data entry page, such as
host's new\edit form or it's a workflow preview/result page such as host
show page. Data entry pages should be rigidly grouped by facets, but
workflow pages should be extensible, so each facet will be able to show
relevant information on the same page.

How does this sound to you?
Roxanne, does it fit with your vision of form's next generation?