On 3/10/2016 7:52 PM, Joe Mistachkin wrote:
By my estimation, there are around 7 branches (nearly?) ready to be merged.
I've briefly looked over the changes; however, it would be good if others could
review and/or provide feedback on them as well.

In rough order of age, based on a quick scan of open branches back through the first of the year:

* stash-fixes

IMHO, not quite ready yet.

The schema change in the stash-related tables clearly fixes one problem with mixing a stash with renamed files. I think this needs to hold off until someone more expert in SQLite than I figures out how to safely do the needed change (moving a primary key from one column to another) as a run-time check. I also have a tortured mess of test cases for stashed renames that don't shine as bright a light on the issues as they could, that I intend to improve.

* [ff4a] pending-review

IMHO, merge this.

Changes how the fusefs command appears when fossil is compiled without fusefs included. Seems reasonable. In fact, I wonder if the json command shouldn't get a similar treatment when json is not enabled.

Foolish consistency question: should the text produced by fossil_fatal() be a complete sentence? A quick grep over src/*.c shows the answer is currently mostly not, but a few message due begin with an uppercase letter, but even fewer end with a period.

* [4bd2] pending-review

Builds on Windows. The /brlist page now has a combo box for display style, picking "Show branch colors" works for me. The result is possibly more eye-bending than useful. I wonder if the color wouldn't be better applied to only one column rather than across the entire row, possibly even a (narrow) dedicated left-most column, in which case it wouldn't need the option.

* baruch_timeline_fixes

Builds on Windows. A quick scan of the source changes doesn't look like trouble. /timeline and its buttons seem to work, but I haven't located a test case to evaluate this change.

* altBaseUrlRepoDir

Builds on Windows. A quick scan of the source changes doesn't look like trouble. Same research as reported below for the baseUrlRepoDir tag applies. I don't have a test case to evaluate this change.

* mvHardDirFix

Doesn't build for me on Windows with MINGW, link fails with undefined references to fossil_utf8_to_filename and fossil_filename_free. I don't see either function in the source tree...

Closest match replaces "filename" with "path".

* ross-doc-env

This branch is mostly a new public facing document describing the environment variables and global command line options, how they interact, and including some digressions into things like how does fossil figure out what user name to use that didn't fit well into the documentation of any single option or variable.

Along the way I noticed a discrepancy in the way two parts of fossil tested the same list of variables (to guess user name) and regularized that by changing db_create_default_users().

I think this is ready to merge, and would be valuable for the documentation. But since it is my code and docs, I'm eager for some proofreading...

* miniz-1.16br1

IMHO, if any library we fold in to our source tree has updates, we should evaluate them. Miniz certainly fits that description, the question may be where the official upstream source is located post google-code's closure.

Stephan updated the version of miniz here, but the update seems to have been abandoned after some discussion on list about miniz's status. The thread starts here:

This raises another question, is there a reason to prefer miniz over zlib or vice-versa?

I've been building on Windows with miniz due to installation friction with zlib (probably some trivial issue, but using miniz has been the path of least resistance).

* baseUrlRepoDir

This seem to be a first take at the more recent altBaseUrlRepoDir improvement. Probably based on a patch by David Given:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fossil-users%40lists.fossil-scm.org/msg11051.html

The most recent thread that seems related was this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fossil-users%40lists.fossil-scm.org/msg19998.html

Is it a failed experiment that should be closed?

* test-only
* do-not-merge
* mistake

Ignoring these.

* hierarchical-manifests

Work on a new feature so early that calling it "in progress" would be optimistic.

* jan-manifest-tags

New feature to generate a file containing a list of the tags on the current checkout for the benefit of build and release tooling, suggested and mostly implemented by Jan Danielsson:

http://www.mail-archive.com/fossil-users%40lists.fossil-scm.org/msg22317.html

It seems to have proceeded well past proof-of-concept, then stalled.

* technoteattachcli

New fossil attach command for CLI ability to attach files to wiki pages and technotes. Work in progress, apparently stalled.

* technote-cli

New CLI features for managing technotes. Work in progress, apparently stalled.

--
Ross Berteig                               r...@cheshireeng.com
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/