On Jun 8, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Furosh One wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I wanted to change the password to restrict fossology UI.
> I have connected to the DB and changed the password:
>
> postgres=# \connect fossology
> You are now connected to database "fossology".
> fossology=# alter user fossy with password 'n...@ssword';
> ALTER ROLE
>
> I modified the /etc/fossology/Db.conf file to change fossy to n...@ssword.
> Not able to connect via the web UI, anything else I need to do?

Hi FuRoSh,
There are three user/passwords in three different systems (fossology, postgres,
system).
If you want to restrict the UI, just change the fossology user password in
Admin > Users > Edit Users.   You shouldn't have to change the postgres or
system (user fossy) passwords unless they have been compromised.

Bob