On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Gobeille, Robert <bob.gobei...@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi FuRoSh,
> There are three user/passwords in three different systems (fossology,
> postgres, system).
> If you want to restrict the UI, just change the fossology user password in
> Admin > Users > Edit Users.   You shouldn't have to change the postgres or
> system (user fossy) passwords unless they have been compromised.
>
> Bob

Okay after not exactly sure what else to do I reset everything back to
'fossy|fossy' password. I undid edit in /etc/fossology/Db.conf and
restarted it all (just services).

Something is wrong on UI, I checked HTTPD logs and nothing apparent or
no errors that i can find.
I tried using the 'old' fossy password that I just reset and still the
UI just returns back to the Login page when I click on the "Login"
button.

Wondering if a reboot would fix any of this, but would think if I made
changes and restarted services I shouldn't need a reboot. Perhaps its
something to do with my RHEL5 server, I know you guys use Deb more.

Can you explain briefly about how HTTPD authentication works? or any
docs on this information?

-FuRoSh