Hi Everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue, I have gotten a pair of Cisco 6509's with the SUP-720 engines. I am trying to configure link aggregation between one of these to a BI4000 I have to test with before we put them into production and connect them to our BI8000's and fight this problem then. I have been searching and looking at the docs I have. The configuration I have on the Cisco's allow them to talk over the port channels between each other with no issues.

I can setup the command "link-aggregation active" on port "ethe 1/5" with no issues it takes the command, but when I go to add a test VLAN on to that port I get the following error message:

error - some ports are running LACP and can not be tagged ports.

Here is the command I am running on the BI:

test(config)#int e 1/5
test(config-if-e1000-1/5)#link-aggregate configure key 10000
test(config-if-e1000-1/5)#link-aggregate active
test(config-if-e1000-1/5)#exit
test(config)#vlan 14
test(config-vlan-14)#tagged e 1/5
error - some ports are running LACP and can not be tagged ports.
test(config-vlan-14)#end

Here is the output of sh int e 1/5"
GigabitEthernet1/5 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is GigabitEthernet, address is 00e0.52cc.3b04 (bia 00e0.52cc.3b04)
  Configured speed 1Gbit, actual 1Gbit, configured duplex fdx, actual fdx
  Member of L2 VLAN ID 1, port is untagged, port state is BLOCKING
  STP configured to ON, priority is level0, flow control disabled
  mirror disabled, monitor disabled
  Not member of any active trunks
  Not member of any configured trunks
  No port name
  MTU 1518 bytes, encapsulation ethernet
  300 second input rate: 40104 bits/sec, 72 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization
  300 second output rate: 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization
  899789 packets input, 62419802 bytes, 0 no buffer
  Received 372 broadcasts, 899417 multicasts, 0 unicasts
  0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 ignored
  0 runts, 0 giants, DMA received 899786 packets
  0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
  Transmitted 0 broadcasts, 0 multicasts, 0 unicasts
  0 output errors, 0 collisions, DMA transmitted 0 packets


Output of sh link-aggregation:
Long  timeout: 90, default: 90
Short timeout: 3, default: 3
Port  [Sys P] [Port P] [ Key ] [Act][Tio][Agg][Syn][Col][Dis][Def][Exp][Ope]
1/5        1        1       0   Yes   S   Agg  Syn  Col  Dis  Def  No   Blo


So my question is what am I missing here? From everything I found, all I have to do after setting 1 or more ports into a link-aggregation is to add the VLAN's as tagged to the ports with the same key. But its not allowing me to add the tagged vlans.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to