On 1/7/2011 7:34 PM, Scott T. Cameron wrote:
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Joseph Hardeman <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    Hi Everyone,

    I am having a bit of an issue, I have gotten a pair of Cisco
    6509's with the SUP-720 engines.  I am trying to configure link
    aggregation between one of these to a BI4000 I have to test with
    before we put them into production and connect them to our
    BI8000's and fight this problem then.  I have been searching and
    looking at the docs I have.  The configuration I have on the
    Cisco's allow them to talk over the port channels between each
    other with no issues.

    I can setup the command "link-aggregation active" on port "ethe
    1/5" with no issues it takes the command, but when I go to add a
    test VLAN on to that port I get the following error message:

    error - some ports are running LACP and can not be tagged ports.

    Here is the command I am running on the BI:

    test(config)#int e 1/5
    test(config-if-e1000-1/5)#link-aggregate configure key 10000
    test(config-if-e1000-1/5)#link-aggregate active
    test(config-if-e1000-1/5)#exit
    test(config)#vlan 14
    test(config-vlan-14)#tagged e 1/5
    error - some ports are running LACP and can not be tagged ports.


I run this very config on FESX648 to Catalyst and SuperX to Catalyst without any problems. Are you running ancient code?

Scott
Hi Scott,

Oh yeah, its pretty old, from 2004. I was testing with this system since I had it laying around, I just don't want to try to connect it up to the switches and other BI's just to run into this problem and have it fark out on me like this. Guess, we will have to give it a shot with the other systems once we put the Cisco's in and if I can't pass any traffic or get the same errors then we will tear down the port-channel config on the cisco's and figure another alternative out.

But since this is the same configuration that I am finding and everyone else is using, then by all rights it should work.

Thanks for the response.

Joe
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to