"Ball, Patrick G." wrote:

> Steve,
>         I was originally told that the problem was with the twin processors
> on the C box (A SUN problem???).
I don't think it was a Sun problem.
Here is the output of 2 dual processor Sparc20 & Sparc10 sun boxes (non
Foxboro)
[dbond@dino dbond]$ psrinfo -v
Status of processor 0 as of: 04/19/01 08:35:42
  Processor has been on-line since 12/10/99 13:44:13.
  The sparc processor operates at 75 MHz,
        and has a sparc floating point processor.
Status of processor 2 as of: 04/19/01 08:35:42
  Processor has been on-line since 12/10/99 13:44:17.
  The sparc processor operates at 75 MHz,
        and has a sparc floating point processor.
[dbond@dino dbond]$ uptime
  8:35am  up 495 day(s), 18:52,  5 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02,
0.03

[dbond@goofy dbond]$ psrinfo -v
Status of processor 0 as of: 04/19/01 08:34:04
  Processor has been on-line since 11/19/99 06:15:10.
  The sparc processor operates at 60 MHz,
        and has a sparc floating point processor.
Status of processor 2 as of: 04/19/01 08:34:04
  Processor has been on-line since 11/19/99 06:15:14.
  The sparc processor operates at 60 MHz,
        and has a sparc floating point processor.
[dbond@goofy dbond]$ uptime
  8:34am  up 517 day(s),  2:19,  8 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.05,
0.06
[dbond@goofy dbond]$

> The fix was to disable one of the
> processor, but we were upgrading for a faster machine. I think that is why
> they changed to D and E boxes. ???
We used the Foxboro upgrade to 150Mhz single processor which fixed the
lockups which we saw with the AW51C. This is the report from an upgraded
AW51C
[dbond@6GA111 dbond]$ psrinfo -v
Status of processor 0 as of: 04/19/01 08:42:03
  Processor has been on-line since 05/23/00 09:22:16.
  The sparc processor operates at 150 MHz,
        and has a sparc floating point processor.
[dbond@6GA111 dbond]$ uptime
  8:42am  up 330 day(s), 23:20,  2 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.18,
0.15

Darryl Bond